Answered By: [Unclaimed] Last Updated: Aug 25, 2016 Views: 210
Finding eBooks in Galileo
1) From the GHC Library Homepage, click on the GALILEO link in the blue search box.
2) You are now in GALILEO. From here, click the Browse By Type tab.
3) Once you are in Browse By Type, you will see a link for "Books, eBooks, and Book Reviews.
4) We have many different eBook collections - you can see descriptions below!
Finding eBooks in GHC's Catalog
1) From the GHC Library Homepage, click on the Books & More tab in the blue search box.
2) Next, enter the title, author, or subject that you're looking for. Then click Search.
3) You should now see a list of results. To find ebooks, click the link on the left under "Format" that says "Electronic". An electronic book will have the an electronic book accessible through the World Wide Web; click for information.
4) To get into an electronic book simply click on the link. This will connect you to the book you needed. After viewing, you may enter another title in the search box.
Please be aware that you must enter your username and password to be able to access Galileo (which includes eBooks) remotely.
Another issue you might encounter is a ebook being "in use". It could be that this book has been check out or is being used by someone else. The license for our ebooks stipulates that they can only be used by one patron at a time. If you inadvertently brought it up twice (or looked at it on another device or computer) it could think that you are multiple people. I would say close down your browsers and try again in 15 minutes.
If you need help you can always go to our eBook Help library guide!
Recommended eBook Collections
eBooks on EBSCOhost - scholarly collection
Overdrive - popular titles for "fun" reading
R2 - Health Sciences Collection
Updated November 2015