Answered By: [Unclaimed] Last Updated: Nov 24, 2015 Views: 90
Why do you need a PIN? In an effort to provide more security in accessing your account online, the use of a PIN has been implemented. Since the user determines the PIN, this helps insure the prevention of unauthorized access to your account.
What can your PIN do for you? Use your PIN to log into your account to obtain the following information:
- The GALILEO password.
- Viewing the list of items you have checked out.
- Renewing materials online.
- Making a materials request.
- Reviewing the status of requested items.
How do I get my PIN? From the "My Account" screen on the Library homepage:
- Enter your GHC Charger card ID number (9000# or 9001#).
- Enter your last name.
- Click on the "Get My PIN" and a temporary number will be immediately emailed to your Georgia Highlands Email Account only.
- Once you have received your generated PIN#, log back into your account and re-enter your information.
- Remember to change your PIN! Click on the "Change PIN" button, located directly under your name & address in your patron account.
Updated November 2015
- What if you forget your PIN? What if you forget your PIN? You can use the "Get My PIN" link on the login screen to have it emailed to you.
- Please Note: Using Internet Explorer to change your PIN will cause the browser to hang up for a minute or so while completing the process. Firefox is recommended if possible because it does not have a delay.